EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE 2018-2019
*Denotes Committee Self-Charge
#Denotes New Charge
- Perform the duties prescribed in the bylaws as follows:
- To receive reports from the Library, Distance Education and other offices charged
with providing and stewarding information resources, and to make recommendations concerning
the development and imple¬mentation of resources that support the overall educational
- To review reports prepared by the Library faculty and discipline representatives on
the scope of the collections of print and non-print materials (books, periodicals,
films, tapes, etc.), and in collaboration with Library Department faculty, actively
encourage academic departmental participation to make recommendations as needed.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of interdisciplinary needs and utilization of
all learning and instructional materials and facilities.
- Based on reports provided on instructional facilities, recommend policies for the
development and utilization of instructional facilities.
- To review reports provided by Information Technology Services (ITS), and any other
office that oversees aspects of information technology, on existing computer technology
and make recommendations to the Academic Senate.
- To implement the Senate approved policy with regard to faculty authored mate¬rials
in any format, and to report to the Academic Senate Executive Committee, on an annual
basis, the current approved Faculty Authored Materials List.
- *Plan and host ERC Day in order to Disseminate and integrate effective classroom technology
in meaningful ways into the teaching-learning process.
- *In consultation with the Dean of Students, conduct a student survey to better serve
students’ on campus technical needs.
- #Continue to survey faculty to evaluate the adequacy of existing labs, help centers,
and learning centers.
- *#Informed by the Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education
(Online Learning) published by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, continue
to investigate how other colleges are assuring the integrity of their online offerings.
In collaboration with the Office of Distance Education, make recommendations to promote
academic integrity in the online learning environment at NCC. Report in writing to
the Academic Senate.
- #Continue to plan and host SUNY OER workshops/events for the campus community in order
to promote the adoption of OER by NCC faculty.
- #Investigate the resources available through the SUNY Center for Professional Development.
Organize training sessions to disseminate this information to NCC faculty.